1.07.2008

Theologically Confusing

If you look over at my side bar, you'll find a theological worldview quiz results. I think I completely confused this quiz wizard... it had a really hard time placing me. It even gave me a tie-breaker question at the end that made me Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan. The real results were 61% Evangelical Holiness, 61% Roman Catholic, and 61% Emergent. To tell the truth, I was really suprised at such results... I figured it would call me Emergent, Neo-orthodox, and Liberal as my top three. Where I most confuse these quizes is with my insistence that Scripture must be taken very, very literally while also saying that scripture is very human and not inerrant, while also saying that scripture must be taken as completely authoritative, while also saying that the world was not made in seven days. Also, I placed a huge emphasis on holiness in the survey while also placing a high degree on church tradition, academic knowledge, etc. Thus.... this quiz didn't know what to do with me. Mostly because I refuse to accept its categories and definition of words. Am I an arch conservative? An arch liberal? A confused fence-rider... or perhaps I'm actually near the center. I think I will take the quiz again and see if I get the same results.

No comments:

Post a Comment