10.18.2006

Master's Thesis

Today, I completed the rough draft of my Master's thesis-- it has been a long process and it is almost over. 100 pages-- certainly not my best writing. Could never find my groove with it. It is very technical and choppy as a result. I explored the affect of consumerism on church practices, specifically by studying perceptions of stewardship by leaders at my church. My research shows that our leaders are aware that consumerism affects them; however, they are mostly unaware of the many ways in which it does. However, UPC is on a journey and new languages and practices are beginning to take hold. They are making incredible progress and the leaders I interviewed were so delightful. I am sure they will learn over time though. Even the interview process was helpful in developing framework and language for these leaders.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds interesting. Congrats on getting the rough draft done!

    ReplyDelete